Stress affects everyone and yet many of us fail to make the connection between their own stress levels and the on-set of stress-related health problems such as high blood pressure, reduced immune system, mood disorders and chronic pain.
We tend to view stress as either something that should be ignored – in the hope that it will “sort itself out” and go away – or as a part of life that is outside of our own control.
The Aim of Stress Management:
To enable clients to:
- Identify the sources of their stress.
- Learn how to eliminate, avoid or reduce stress whenever possible;
- Re-think ways of dealing with unavoidable stress;
- Cope with stress that cannot be “re-thought”.
- Understand how relaxation, correct breathing, visualisation, mindfulness and many other support mechanisms can be integrated into daily life.
Benefits to the client:
- Understanding the potential health risks associated with living a stressful life.
- – Physical effects.
- – Mental/emotional effects.
- An improved ability to identify personal causes of stress.
- Recognising the presence of stress.
- The ability to make positive changes towards the reduction of stress.
- Increase in personal happiness.
- Skills enabling him to properly relax the mind and body and thus reap the benefits associated with regular, deep relaxation.
Overall Objectives of Stress Management:
By the end of their sessions/workshop/course, clients will be able to:
- Recognise when they are stressed and understand the importance of dealing with that stress.
- More effectively manage stressful situations with improved confidence.
- Develop lifelong habits and strategies for avoiding stress.
- Effectively re-think the stress that cannot be avoided.
- Monitor their own progress.
- Practice simple yet highly effective physical, mental and emotional stress management techniques.
Structure of Sessions:
Sessions are delivered in the following formats:
- Weekly one-to-one sessions (60 minutes)
- A six week group course for one evening per week (90 minutes)
- Full-day group workshops (6-7 hours)
- Weekend workshops – residential or non-residential
If you are struggling with stress and would like more information or advice, please contact me using the Contact Sarah page or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 07817623330.
For details of costs please refer to the pricing structures page which will be available soon.